| Contact|| Description|
36 Rustic Rd
Ridgefield, CT, 06877-2233
Posted: July 18 2016
|Hitachi SEM S-450|
I ran a business with a Hitachi S-450 for the past 15 years, recently some part of the SEM malfunctioned leaving only part of the SEM operational. I dont want the system anymore. It has a working solid state BSE detector that gives amazing images and a working PC based x-ray microanalysis system that is also working. If anybody would like to take the whole package I would be happy to give it away. I have lots of pictures I would be happy to send. I am located in Ridgefield CT.
1700 Moore St
Huntingdon, PA, 16652
|ultramicrotomes and glass knife cutter|
LKB Bromma and RMC MT6000-XL ultramicrotomes available for pick-up in Central Pennsylvania. Also a glass knife maker. Some accessories available, too. We are decommissioning our TEM and the items must go by the end of the year.
Mike Gibson, Professor of Pharmacotherapy
College of Pharmacy, Washington State University
412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd
Spokane, WA, 99203
Posted: March 3, 2017
|Leica EM UC7 ultramicrotome|
We purchased this instrument approximately 3 years ago, complete with table, etc. The sole user was a post-doctoral associate who has since left. It is in perfect condition. The Leica website provides a full description of the ultramicrotome. If you have an interest, please contact me and I can provide pictures of the instrument in our laboratory. With table and controller, our purchase prices was ~$60,000, but I will consider all reasonable offers for this instrument that could be quite beneficial to any EM facility or group of users.
Daniela Nicastro, PhD,
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
6000 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas, 75390-9039
|Used 2011 Gatan K2 Summit direct electron detector for sale|
The Cryo-EM Facility at UTSW offers for sale a used 2011 Gatan K2 Summit direct electron detector (specifications below) for the minimum asking price of $250,000 USD (original purchase list price was $630,000 in 2011).
The URL to view and/or bid on the used K2 camera is:
The auction has started and will end 3/31/2017.
• 2011 Gatan K2 summit direct electron detector (camera for transmission electron microscope); serial number: 12062201P1000.
• Direct electron detector cameras in general and the K2 camera in particular are a major reason for what has been termed “resolution revolution” in cryo-electron microscopy structure determination.
• We are selling, because we have currently three K2 direct electron detectors at UTSW, but “only” two high-end TEMs, so one K2 camera has become surplus.
• The here offered K2 camera was purchased 2011 by UTSW, and was mounted from 11/2012 till 9/2016 on a JEOL2200 at UTSW.
• The camera sensor was renewed during Gatan factory servicing for re-certification for service contract by Gatan 5/2016; factory and field certification of compliance (incl. DQE), as well confirmation of the sensor-renewal, photos and orig. quote are provided at this link: www.dropbox.com/sh/g6upys1y8whhskd/AAClb4x9wpLpyec_5zrp4ECEa?dl=0&lst=
• The camera was in working condition and under Gatan service contract at the time when it was dismounted from the (then-retiring) JEOL microscope by a Gatan field engineer Sept. 2016. Since then, the packaged camera and components have been stored in our climate-controlled cryo-EM facility at ~20% humidity (waiting for surplus sale approval).