| Contact|| Description|
Mike Gibson, Professor of Pharmacotherapy
College of Pharmacy, Washington State University
412 E. Spokane Falls Blvd
Spokane, WA, 99203
Posted: March 3, 2017
|Leica EM UC7 ultramicrotome|
We purchased this instrument approximately 3 years ago, complete with table, etc. The sole user was a post-doctoral associate who has since left. It is in perfect condition. The Leica website provides a full description of the ultramicrotome. If you have an interest, please contact me and I can provide pictures of the instrument in our laboratory. With table and controller, our purchase prices was ~$60,000, but I will consider all reasonable offers for this instrument that could be quite beneficial to any EM facility or group of users.
Daniela Nicastro, PhD,
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
6000 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, Texas, 75390-9039
|Used 2011 Gatan K2 Summit direct electron detector for sale|
The Cryo-EM Facility at UTSW offers for sale a used 2011 Gatan K2 Summit direct electron detector (specifications below) for the minimum asking price of $250,000 USD (original purchase list price was $630,000 in 2011).
The URL to view and/or bid on the used K2 camera is:
The auction has started and will end 3/31/2017.
• 2011 Gatan K2 summit direct electron detector (camera for transmission electron microscope); serial number: 12062201P1000.
• Direct electron detector cameras in general and the K2 camera in particular are a major reason for what has been termed “resolution revolution” in cryo-electron microscopy structure determination.
• We are selling, because we have currently three K2 direct electron detectors at UTSW, but “only” two high-end TEMs, so one K2 camera has become surplus.
• The here offered K2 camera was purchased 2011 by UTSW, and was mounted from 11/2012 till 9/2016 on a JEOL2200 at UTSW.
• The camera sensor was renewed during Gatan factory servicing for re-certification for service contract by Gatan 5/2016; factory and field certification of compliance (incl. DQE), as well confirmation of the sensor-renewal, photos and orig. quote are provided at this link: www.dropbox.com/sh/g6upys1y8whhskd/AAClb4x9wpLpyec_5zrp4ECEa?dl=0&lst=
• The camera was in working condition and under Gatan service contract at the time when it was dismounted from the (then-retiring) JEOL microscope by a Gatan field engineer Sept. 2016. Since then, the packaged camera and components have been stored in our climate-controlled cryo-EM facility at ~20% humidity (waiting for surplus sale approval).
John Harris, President
7619 6th Avenue NW
Seattle, WA, 98117
Posted: April 28, 2017
|JEOL 35 SEM Available|
JEOL 35 SEM with added equipment – ready to move. Achieve full vacuum,
4 EDS LN2 detectors, 2 image analysis systems, instruction manual, and
spare parts from another JEOL 35. Buyer is responsible for moving and
transporting instrument. Located on ground floor, easy street access.
4pi digital image processing board, Windows compatible
WinEDS PX9000 digital image processor, DX 3000 power supply, Windows
Noran TN-98 LN2 EDS detector, 154ev resolution
Kevex 3200 LN2 EDS detector, 155ev resolution
Kevex 3700 LN2 EDS detector, 155 ev resolution
Robinson backscatter detector
Many secondary and spare parts available
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fred L. Johnson
1014 W Abberley Ln
Apex, NC, 27502
Posted: 24 May 2017
|Dumont & Fils N4AC Negative-Action Anti-Capillary Tweezers and N0 Negative-Action Tweezers|
I have 4 Dumont & Fils N4AC negative-action (self-closing) anti-capillary type 4 biologie grade INOX tweezers with very thin tips. They are used but in very good condition and designed for working with wet applications such as grids for negative staining.
I also have 1 Dumont & Fils N0 negative-action (self-closing) biologie grade INOX tweezer with very thin tips. This is used but in very good condition.
Each is available for $20.
4900 Hopyard Rd
Pleasanton, CA, 94588
|Demonstrator SNE-4500M Tabletop SEM|
We have a 6 month old demonstration unit available at 25% discount. Unit comes with 9 month warranty.
1 to 30 kV
5-axis manual stage (XYZRT)
SE & BSE detectors
No Low Vacuum mode installed
5120 x 3840 image capture
Contact Us for more information.
Dr. Michael Pendleton, Research Associate
Microscopy & Imaging Center, Texas A&M University
301 Old Main Drive
College Station, TX, 77843-2257
Posted: June 13, 2017
|Balzers BAF 301 Freeze-Etching Device|
Balzers BAF 301 Freeze-Fracture Freeze-Etching apparatus with oil diffusion pump, manuals and accessories is available for free to an academic institution or a non-profit organization. A modest payment is required for industry. All reasonable offers will be considered.
The unit was working before it was moved to the current facility, after which it has not been ever used.
Removal and transport are the responsibility of the receiving party. Answers to questions concerning this device and photos are available upon request from Mike Pendleton at email@example.com.